Posted by mamabright on August 1, 2009
I’ve really been thinking a lot…about a lot of things…but this post is specifically about my blog…and blogging…I miss it and I want to start doing it again…I miss the opportunity to express myself, meet other people, get ideas, and the motivation to be a better mom, wife, homemaker and me…
I don’t really know if I have time to blog…and I’ll have to teach myself all over again how to post and such…but I do know that I want to take it slowly…not concerning myself with posting frequently…or even regularly…except for menu plan monday…which I do plan to do every week…because it’s so good for my family…
so, dear blog…thanks for patiently awaiting my return…see you again soon!
Posted in blog stuff | Leave a Comment »
Posted by mamabright on February 9, 2009
I just can’t believe it…and I just realized that’s the first time I’ve said it…maybe I should say it again…
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the year I turned 20…it was an incredible year of change and growth for me…and it sure doesn’t seem like it was 20 years ago…two decades…half a lifetime…well, mine anyway…
and when I think about all the blessings and challenges that have filled my life over the last 20 years…I can’t help but wonder about the next 20…the next 40…
I know the Lord has more change and growth in store for me…things I have no idea about…but there are some areas where I want to make a deliberate effort to change and grow…some of these include…my health, my marriage, my parenting, some specific relationships…and most especially my walk with my Lord and Savior…
I have some ideas about things I’d like to do and accomplish over the next year…and I’m not really ready yet to express them in writing…but over the next year I want to use this blog as a place where I record, journal, document these things…a place that will serve as a tangible way for me to look back at where I’ve been and see the path I’ve travelled…
so…here goes another 20…or 40…Lord willing…
Posted in my Christian walk, my life | 1 Comment »
Posted by mamabright on August 18, 2008
I haven’t been here in almost a year…
I started working at Starbucks…and I just didn’t have time for work…and homeschool…and blogging…
but I do miss it…and I feel like I need a bit of an outlet…to use this as a journal or just to express myself…
I also got to a point where I was consumed with whether people were checking out my blog or not…and making sure my posts were perfect…and I really want this just to be for me…so for now…I’m not even going to say anything about my blog…
I feel like such a failure for just leaving it…abandoning it…and I thought about trying to clear it all out and start all over…but I’m not going to do that…I’m just going to start where I left off…knowing that it’s a continual work in progress…like me…
and although in the future at some point…I’ll probably go back and read my old posts…I’m not planning to do that now…I’m just moving forward…
so…today is the first day of the rest of my blog…
Posted in blog stuff | 1 Comment »
Posted by mamabright on September 15, 2007
I really appreciate your participation in the Summer 2007 Exercise Challenge…it was fun!
I’m excited to announce the winner of the challenge giveaway…
who will be receiving this Cool Downz wrap…
email your mailing address to me…and I’ll get your wrap to you right away!
Posted in giveaways | 6 Comments »
Posted by mamabright on September 10, 2007
I can’t even remember the last time I came to my own blog…and yet you have been here at least 30 times…thanks for not giving up on me!
I didn’t fall off the face of the earth…I just started working…outside the home…for pay…which I haven’t done in 7 years!!!
this in addition to my oldest starting high school and playing soccer…my two younger starting their homeschooling…and my youngest having his 7th birthday party…and…my husband’s new job and different schedule…not to mention my moms Bible study that I’m chairperson for started up again…I haven’t really known if I was coming or going…
this seems like the first time in over a week that I’ve even had some time that felt like down time…
so…here I am…letting you know that I didn’t forget about you…or my Summer 2007 Exercise Challenge…which officially ended on Monday, September 3, 2007…
and everyone did great!!!
during the challenge…I exercised more frequently and consistently than I ever have…and…not only did I just get up off my rump more than I ever have…I didn’t just exercise when the weather was nice…I walked in the rain…and I walked in the 90F+ temps with 90% humidity…this means sweating…ICK!
although I didn’t achieve my goal…this has been a huge accomplishment for me…and I know this is primarily because you helped keep me accountable…thank you!!!
and…the super bonus is…that I’ve lost more than 15 pounds since the challenge began!!!
if you haven’t already posted a comment on the headquarters page sharing about your experience or with a link to your challenge-end post…please try to do this soon…I really want to hear how it went for you…
I will announce the winner of the Cool Downz wrap on Saturday, September 15…so be sure to check back!
thanks again for participating in my very first challenge!
Posted in my life, the bright life | 1 Comment »
Posted by mamabright on August 29, 2007
if you are anything like me…you tend to get a little antsy if you can’t change up the scenery of your environment every now and then…you know…rearranging your bedroom, living room, whatever…
well…I have a pretty compact house…and moving furniture around isn’t usually an option…
but one of the things I have found is that I can change my computer wallpaper/desktop graphic regularly to give it a new look…and I don’t mean the stock options on your windows software…blah!
I discovered this site about a year ago…and now…I change my desktop wallpaper once a month…and…they send me an email every month to let me know the new wallpapers are posted…so my already overloaded brain doesn’t have to remember to do it…BONUS!
every month CrossCards posts 7 or 8 new wallpapers…some with calendars, some without…most with a scripture or quote…and all absolutely beautiful…oh…and FREE!
you don’t even have to download the wallpapers if you don’t want to…just click on the size that best fits your monitor…this will open up the graphic in a larger size that enables you to see it in better detail…and if you want to use it as your wallpaper…simply right click and choose “set as background”!
VOILA!!! a beautiful new screen…works for me!
btw…the September wallpapers are already posted…and they are gorgeous!!!
Posted in works for me wednesday | 4 Comments »
Posted by mamabright on August 28, 2007
I haven’t updated in a few weeks…and don’t really have any new progress to report…I’ve only exercised a few times in the last month or so…my foot hurt, it’s been hot…most any excuse will do…
I have only about a week left in my summer exercise challenge…and I’m far from making my goal…but I know that I wouldn’t have walked a minute if not for the challenge…and that means I probably wouldn’t have lost a pound either…
now that the kids have started school…our schedule is starting to get a bit more regular and normal…so I am going to try to get back to a regular walking schedule…as well as making some better food choices too…
I don’t think I’ll probably hit my may day weight loss goal…but anything is better than nothing…and I’m okay with that…I’ll keep working at it…
I hope all the other may day participants have been having a great summer…keep going…don’t give up!
Posted in May Day Weight Loss Challenge | 6 Comments »
Posted by mamabright on August 26, 2007
these are some questions I’ve been asking myself a lot lately…and some of the answers I’ve been given…
- why can’t I have only good habits…and no bad ones?
- why can’t I just be the kind of person I want be…instead of having to work so hard to slowly become a better person?
- why can’t I decide how I want my life to go…and it go just like I want it to?
- why am I such a perfectionist that everything I do has to be all or none…when I know it can’t be perfect anyway?
- why do I procrastinate…even when small accomplishments are so rewarding?
- why do I resist and rebel against good things in my life…but not so much against the bad things?
- why do I feel depressed or discouraged…when I have so many blessings to be thankful and joyful about?
- why am I so self-centered…when I really enjoy giving to others?
answers…(from the NIV)
- Then the LORD said, … “Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.” – Genesis 4:6-7
- For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory. – Deuteronomy 20:4
- The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. – 1 Samuel 16:7
- Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. – Psalm 51:12
- I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. – Psalm 139:14
- Search me, O God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. – Psalm 139:23-24
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. – Proverbs 3:5-6
- For I am the LORD, your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear, I will help you. – Isaiah 41:13
- “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. – Isaiah 55:8
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. – Matthew 6:33
- Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” – Luke 7:48
- As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one…” – Romans 3:10
- Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ…And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perserverance; perserverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. – Romans 5:1-5
- I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do I do–this I keep doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. – Romans 7:15-20
- Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. – Romans 8:1
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – Romans 15:13
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come! – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of this world. On the contrary, they have the divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish strongholds and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. – 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
- “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. – 2 Corinthians 12:9
- So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. – Galatians 5:16
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. – Galatians 5:22-24
- For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
- You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. – Ephesians 4:22-24
- Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorties, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. – Ephesians 6:12
- …being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. – Philippians 1:6
- and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:7
- And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. – Colossians 3:17
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. – James 1:2-4
- For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perserverance; and to perserverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins. – 2 Peter 1:5-9
- Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Thank You, God, for providing and preserving Your Word for me and allowing me to live in a place that allows me the freedom to read and own and proclaim Your Word. Even in the midst of my personal struggles and doubts, Your Word is the Truth that encourages and sustains me and fills me with hope because of Your promises. I praise You, Father God, for being a rock that I can rely on to help me stand firm and steady. I’m so thankful for Your love and grace, faithfulness and forgiveness. I’m so unworthy! Please help me to make You the first priority in my life and to stay focused on Your Word that is the only truth and the perfect will for my life. Amen.
Posted in my Christian walk, my life, my prayers, scripture sunday | Leave a Comment »
Posted by mamabright on August 12, 2007
my first place memory verse for this week is…
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. – Colossians 3:17
Posted in First Place, my memory verses, scripture sunday | Leave a Comment »